News & Events
It has been decided by V.C.I. to start implementing the following knowledge / skill based programems from the current year 2009-10:-
- Role of Veterinarians in Society.
- Companion Animal Practice.
- Disaster Management
- Information Technology for Veterinarians.
- Disease Surveillance and Monitoring.
The Council's functions under Section 75 of the Veterinarians Act are:
- to advise and make recommendations to the Minister on any matter relating to veterinarians and the practice of veterinarian science
- advise the governing body of any Orissa Veterinari any matter relating to the education of veterinarians
- to promote and encourage high standards of professional education and professional conduct among veterinarians
- to consider reciprocal arrangements with registration bodies in other countries
- to register persons, issue practising certificates, assess whether persons meet the rquirement for continued registration or eligibility for a practising certificate, and peform the other functions relating to registration and practising requirements in accordance with Part 2, including -
- to determine the institutions and the degrees and diplomas offered by those institutions that are recognised for the purposes of section 6(1)(a) and
- to approve assessment programmes, post-graduate study, and post-graduate training for the purposes of section 6(1)(b)(ii) and (iii)
- to keep and maintain the register and carry out the other functions relating to the register in accordance with Part 2
- to receive, investigate, and hear complaints about, inquire into the conduct of, make assessments of, and discipline specified persons under Part 3
- to investigate offences and bring prosecutions under the Act
- to prescribe minimum standards for practising as a veterinarian, including